The society we live in today is the outcome of a long series of small and big researches conducted by numerous researches in previous centuries. Every decade and generation witness some new concepts and implementations which are refined or recreated in a new way by every new generation. Every human being has a mind full of creative thoughts which he can nurture by working on it deeply along with adequate core information gathered and produced by the ancestor generations. The need is to combine your ideas with the already available information, put in some dedicated effort and move on the path towards new success. However, blind efforts with the lack of adequate information and support can result in just time wastage. So, it is very experienced professionals who can act as guide and help you move towards the right goal in the right direction.
Research work is one of the striking features that has been conducted in KIST since day one of our establishment. In long years of learning and training, we have been able to guide numerous students towards research work. A lot of students have worked on quality projects which are able to reflect the real life implementations and have also proposed several improvements to the existing concepts that when implemented can be of great value and use for our society. We feel proud to mention that all our departments are actively involved in research work and that too with self enthusiasm. In order to further enhance our research quality and keep up the pace, we have also partnered with reputed research and development institutions. Our students and faculty are regularly involved in quality research activities. In the department of Mechanical Engineering, a project entitled “Bulk nano composite for automobile parts” is also funded by NALCO, Govt. of India with a joint collaboration of IIT Kharagpur and KIST. A patent application has also been filed for this project. The department of Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering also has a research lab recognized as the “Technical Resource Centre” by DST, Govt. of India. This Top Engineering College Bhubaneswar has a long list of proven research work that has been recognized by reputed organizations.
Ongoing Research & Developments Corporate Partners
Department of Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Low Power High Speed VLSI Chips.
- Signal Recovery, Conditioning, Noise Minimization.
- Image Segmentation & Zooming.
- Mobile Adhol Network.
Department of Basic Science & Humanities
- High energy physics related to Phenomenology.
- Material Science related to Solidification Processing and Nano Technology.
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Protocol Design for mobile Adhoc Network.
- Clustering in Sensor Network.
- Object Oriented Mutation Testing.
- Design & Development of Herbal Drug for Diabates-1 using Soft Computing Approach.
Department of Electrical Engineering
- Wind Energy Conversion System and Power Quality Improvement.
- Power Quality Improvement using FACTS Devices.
- Power System Fault Analysis using MATLAB.
- Power System, Deregalation & restructarig.
Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Development of synchronization schemes for the OFDM based systems
- Development of Synchronization schemes and channel estimation schemes for the MIMO OFDM systems.
- Mobility and its effects on the performance of Mobile Ad hoc Networks
- To study the effects of PHY design on the performance of MANET
- Development of a cross layer design at MAC Layer of Mobile Ad hoc Networks
- Development of a cross layer design at Routing Layer of Mobile Ad hoc Networks
- To study the effects of transmission on the performance of MANET
- Prototyping of Wireless Sensor Node for Mines safety applications by Mr.Manoranjan Das
- Performance analysis of Mobility on MANET- PhD work of Mr.Banoj Kumar Panda
- Time and Frequency synchronization schemes for OFDM systems- PhD work of Mr. C.S.Mohanty
- Time and frequency synchronization schemes for the MIMO-OFDM systems: PhD work of Mrs. Anuja Das
- Differential Evolution Computing based system identification of non linear systems by Mr.P.K.Khuntia
- Weather monitoring system by Mr.Sangram Kishore Routray.
Department Of Mechanical Engineering
- Design and development of nano-fluid for automobile radiator for energy savings.
- Development of a portable welding machine using brown gas.
- Development of nano glazed tiles.
- Development of an integrated bio mass fuel gasifier (smokeless) for rural women.
- Integrated food processing equipments.
- Development of zero emission cartridges.
- Development of CO2 converter into fuel.
- Development of Bulk nano composite for automobile parts, a project funded by NALCO, Govt. of India with a joint collaboration IIT, Kharagpur and KIST, Jatni under Dr. P. Padhi, Co-PI of the project. A patent has been filed to this effect.
- Dispersion of nano-particles by cavitation method using CFD technique is pursued by Mr. B. N. Dash for his Ph. D. Thesis and has one publication to this effect.
- Study of mechanical properties and fracture mechanism of metal matrix nano composite produced by non contact method is pursued by Mr. R. K. Behuria for his Ph. D. Thesis.
- Research on Development, Characterization of Fly Ash based Plasma Sprayed Coatings and their performances against erosion wear are pursued by Mr. S. P. Sahu for his Ph. D. Thesis and have three publications to this effect.
- Comparative study of different bio originated fuels in a small diesel engine (3.5kW) using different fuel induction technique is pursued by Mr. C. K. Nayak for his Ph. D. Thesis.